Well today wasn't just a eventful day in my life but it was also a really eventful day in the Olympics.
This is mainly due to team GB's results in two events, Diving and Gymnastics.
Firstly came the diving where everyone was expecting a medal from Tom Daley (who is awesome) and Pete Waterfeild (I think that's his last name). The reason why this became a major event is mainly due to the fact that everything was going fine through the first 3 rounds of diving, we were going strong and were constantly (but narrowly) swapping 1st and 2nd place with china, as expected, but then we came to the 4th round and I'm not very sure what happened but I think that the main problem came with the syncronisation and we took a major point blow while the Chinese performed at their consistent level. Overall we ended up in a very close 4th.
But on a slightly happier note we got our first ever medal in men's gymnastics, even if it was a bronze but a medal is a medal. So overall today, I hope that the news will give the GB gymnasts the credit and coverage they deserve, while not focusing on Tom and Pete too much so they can try and figure this out without being bugged by the media. but there are always the individuals in the diving, so fingers are crossed for Team GB!
No comments:
Post a Comment